Magura brake booster compatibility

You'd need the "new" clamps as they have notches that fit in the booster.
Unlike the HS33 that uses the fork L-stop (if that makes sense)
You can do it if you insert longer screws that act as the "notch" on the newer clamps.

tldr; Yes they will work.

Found some pictures,

I had to use older clamps as they are offset. I needed more clearance on a '91 Koga.
Photo shows old clamps with longer screws and a dome bolt in a newer booster.
Hope this makes things clearer.

1.jpg
2.jpg

The full kit?
Pretty sure I use that on my Pace. You an zoom in on the picture.
This was about 10years ago from tarty bikes.
Their style seems to have changed a bit again.

Attachments

• IMG_20140803_121552.jpg
    IMG_20140803_121552.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I was thinking just the front booster to be honest, but having said that, I've no experience with the double booster arrangement. What is the deal with it? Assume stronger braking but no idea how it would fit. I've had many sets of rs33s but never taken the plunge for one reason or another (cowardice and cable run the two main ones), but have a set of tomacs I want to actually use.

I was thinking just the front booster to be honest, but having said that, I've no experience with the double booster arrangement. What is the deal with it? Assume stronger braking but no idea how it would fit. I've had many sets of rs33s but never taken the plunge for one reason or another (cowardice and cable run the two main ones), but have a set of tomacs I want to actually use.
EVO2 is all of it.

See here

Attachments

• rim_brakes__09_E.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Indeed, just wondering if the front part csn be used as they were back in the day, all lonely without a friend.

The back plate takes the place of the silver arms that wedge the caliper bracket against the bike frame. The back plate can be used if you swap the arms to the elongated nuts that fit into said plate.

The front booster functions as the old school brake boosters did to prevent the cantilever pivots from spreading as the brakes are compressed. I’m 74.6% sure the boosters with one slotted side can be used with old and new rim brake systems. I would prefer the thick aluminum boosters over the new thin stamped steel booster as the steel can easily bend away from the bolt head on the side opposite the QR side.

Last edited:
Back