MacRetro Trading Post

Not a new fix, been about for a while and you will notice the site has a dedicatedand healthy road bike section. Plus I, in a moment of madness, volunteered to lead the MacRetro edition of the National Road Bike Calendar around the '4 Abbeys Route' in the Scottish Borders in August :D

Kaisers always been a roady along with Hawmaw, Jamie Dyer and others plus I'm a cycle tourist who just happens to like mtb as well.

Some of the bike station went round Arran the other week. 56miles round trip i believe
Included in the number is a guy that has only ever been on a cheap mountain bike with knobblies. Said it was mentally fast especially in the corners but totally loved it. At least that was the impression i gained from him.
I might go hybrid or 29er one day but im not too sure i could go road totally :? And i'd probably spend more money than ive got trying to build a good lightweight one. Im never satisfied :oops:

it looks light for the money but I'd want discs nowadays and you might get that in the sales, Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29er is £100 more but I doubt the suspension will add anything more than weight to the ride at that price.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not looking for one but thanks for the links - only found they did them when looking at the childrens 24 / 26 range.

dyna-ti":1ensie7b said:
I might go hybrid or 29er one day but im not too sure i could go road totally :? And i'd probably spend more money than ive got trying to build a good lightweight one. Im never satisfied :oops:

Have you seen the Vitus Vee 29? Nice looking bike, I doubt it would be light but it is cheap!

Back