MacRetro Trading Post

Sounds great Taz but mK likes the more urban/jump styling to bikes and although I'm sure it would be fine I'm not sure a carbon rear would stand up to the abuse and dropping a teenager would give it.

The Ken":c4czx1q1 said:
Sounds great Taz but mK likes the more urban/jump styling to bikes and although I'm sure it would be fine I'm not sure a carbon rear would stand up to the abuse and dropping a teenager would give it.

No worries, it won't break my heart if I have to keep it to be honest. And I'm getting used to squeezing past bikes to get around the house, just feel a bit bad that the wee Salsa is in the living room just now.

TK I'll try to get a size tomorrow, AFAIK it can be run with anything from 100-150mm forks.

I'll have a pootle about the bike station tomorrow and see if theres any small disc frames suitable
What ideal sizes would you be needing? Top tube /frame size :?
Cant promise anything and if i do find one i will say its likely to be something uber cheapo :?

Stuff up for grabs

Hi guys
I have some stuff that I need to shift and thought I could bring some it to Dunkeld if anyones interested.
I have a couple of seatposts, 2 x 30.9mm and 1 x 30mm looking for a shandy after the ride.
XT 9 speed rear Mech, medium cage, jockey wheels a bit pointy, £10 or a burger and chips after the ride.
Probably have some other stuff once I dig it out.
TK, I have a 16'' (I think) centre to top steel 94 Stumpy frame if thats any good for MK. Its small, otherwise I wouldn't have ridden it ;) Its been sitting in the tiny back shed/room hitting me in the head everytime I go in for a few years. If its any good I'll dig it out and bring it down. Its the blood red one I used to singlespeed.

Jamie

Nah its fine jamie, not in any rush I was just browsing no specific need quite yet, K's azonic might be more appropriate, top tube of around 19 should be about right. He is still short and can still ride his current one but he wants suspension and there is no room on the current frame. He likes the polished look too.

Yoofs

The yoofs of today :roll:
;)

Shame, as its given me more injuries hanging near the door of the shed than it ever have me riding it :LOL:

Jamie

Re: Yoofs

Jamiedyer":1rcl0me3 said:
The yoofs of today :roll:
;)

Shame, as its given me more injuries hanging near the door of the shed than it ever have me riding it :LOL:

Jamie

My older daughter, 16 at the time, was happy enough with my old Saracen Tufftrax Comp from '89 plus suspension fork. Until she went up to Wolftracks one day in 2010 when they ran a "try a bike" weekend, and she got a ride on a disc-braked full suspension bike. "Dad, Dad, I want a full suspension bike with discs" , that was the end of the Tufftrax. :roll:
So that's what she's got, as has her wee sister, both Marins, a Wolf Ridge and an East Peak.

Jeez, in my day.........................mumble, mumble, crabbit words, mumble some mair.

Back