MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Welcome Auld Bimbler, especially welcome to a rider of the basic bikes. I get slated, generally in a good way, about my boat anchor collection. Maybe see you oot an aboot eventually when this pandemic mania has passed. I had and rode a Raleigh Activator 2 in the Glentress 7 endurance race a few years past, a better bike than you'd think but the rear suspension took a hammering and was not happy for most of it. Currently patching up an Integra Phantom, another boat anchor but I just love the BSO's :)

Hahahaha a boat anchor!

What picture that paints 😂

Thanks for the welcome folks. I can't wait to get out properly.

I must admit, the smell of the 3-in-1 oil, the pong of the rubber and the stained fingers from working on the old steel steeds has brought all the excitement back.

I live at the posher, Eastern end of the Forth valley. On the civilised South side of the river. (Awaits incoming from the Fifers on here...)

Dwelling on a hill overlooking three muckle big bridges, I'll probably have to push the bike up, but once the buttock's lungs have recovered, I'll be going "Wheee!!!" all the way down.

The Activator is starting to grow on me. It looks "wrong" but cool at the same time lol. Glad I hung onto those baggy cargo shorts that were all the rage five years ago.

No Lycra for me, I'd look like 5lbs of tatties in a 3lb bag lol.

The Fifers can take it and dish it out big style. I too am from the posher Eastern end of the Forth southern side but out of site of the bridges. On a really good day, I can't see Fife from here :)

The Fifers can take it and dish it out big style. I too am from the posher Eastern end of the Forth southern side but out of site of the bridges. On a really good day, I can't see Fife from here :)

Bet you can still smell it though!

Welcome along Auld Bimbler, nice to have some fresh blood along.

Return of tack4.
Andrew from Stranraer.
57, 6'8" and too heavy.
Somewhat accident prone, so will be rebuilding my Bear Valley (1990) have stripped new acquisition Nail Tail (199:cool: for a fettle.
Road bike 64 cm Canyon Roadlite AF (frame sourced in Glasgow a few years ago and treated to Ultegra group set and lite wheelset)
Plan.... get out in bikes more often now semi retired

Latest posts

Back