MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

jimihendrix":2zgzoy7s said:
Welcome Hartley1 :) , where are you from then ?

spamville , on the ham hill , spamshire , spamland , the spammy way

just a guess like

^^^??? :LOL:

Well - you lot were right.

Just noticed this thread - best say hiya.

2 months in - 5 unfinished/started bikes...

1 rideable (if on flat gnarly concrete)

skint ;)

Bought a seatpost and 2 headsets from here for my Marin.

Wanna build it as it's been a full 10 years since i was on it and i'm just recovered (getting there) from major abdominal surgery and desperately need the fitness it would offer.

Bought a coupla shan condition bikes before finding this place from a mate and some guy from Gumtree, wishing i'd just ploughed the cash into decent components from here to finish the IFT.
(now looking at a full polish for it - elbow grease or gun?)

Salvaged some OK bits from them and have another nice frame (my Hardrock) to build into a decent wee (15" and potentially just too small) hacker.

Finding those bikes on Sunday has opened my eyes to the entire retro thing, likesay. Keen to get 'em sorted and get out while the sun shines.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156063

Got next to no tools and only limited mechanical experience from my youth/racing days
but up for it... got the bug (been cleaning stuff and day-dreaming about riding on the constant)

With a bit graft, some pennies and a wee bit help from you lot (as and when you can) and The Bike Station / McDonald, i should be able to get out and stretch these weary legs again soon.

Can only realistically offer you lot some basic karma parts i've picked up since January (i'll make a thread when i get a shot of a camera for an afternoon), light hack company/pacemaking ;) for half-days out around Edinburgh inc. NOS banter and blethers. City-centre pick-ups and also potential keyboard flaming assistance for nippy folk on here... ;)

cheers to all who've already welcomed me here and been sound.

hiya.

PS What happened with that MarinMan guy?? teh banz pour quoi??

Hello everyone

Hello folks,

I'm just getting back into riding after a good long decade of decadence, plenty of beer to work off.... I'm originally from York but moved to the west end of Glasgow for a job a few months back, I previously spent 4 years living in Edinburgh and I'm happy to be back living in Scotland after a few years back south. Looking for a bit of social riding about Glasgow and Scotland, no idea where’s good for a ride out at the moment, just been up and down the canal to work on a bit of fitness to kick off.

I was looking for a few parts to give my ride a bit of tlc (wiped out by a car a few months back) when I found this website, I had no idea so many folk were out there with a love for retro bikes, what a great find…. Anyhow, I’ll be looking out for events and rides in the area and hopefully meet some of you out and about. I thought I’d post a pic of my Cindercone below, it needs some cosmetic work, but I love it.

Adam.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 288
Nice one adam, fine looking bike and hope to see you at drumlanrigg the next macretro meet. Well worth coming to as the trails are great and you will get to see a few of the other non sweaty jocks coming up for this national meet.

Cheers for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome messages,

I'll defo try and sort out a trip to Drumlanrigg, I don't have my own transport (except self propelled) so I'll look into getting there on the train. Are there many folks living in Glasgow? I was wondering if anyone's about town to bring there bike along for a beer at lock 27 or somwhere else bike friendly?

Adam.

Back