MacRetro chat and rides thread

clockworkgazz":1ka1ae92 said:
the bike in mock up stylee- looking forward to drum even more now= my wrists are still hurting from sunday might see about a carbon bar to take some of the sting out :evil:

nah what you need is a flex stem :LOL:

don't laugh I almost got a titanium 1 1/4 stem bar combo, but did see the error of my ways. :roll: The on-one experiment is coming along nicely so may bring that to drum and test out the comfort factor- AC is giving me a tugg nut in pollok oh err :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: that AC..... tbh carbon bars are all well and good but you might benefit more from a big front tyre and some nice grips also look at the spesh range of body geometry gloves. FYI I had a 2.25 in the pepperami's no probs, in fact you can try the front wheel some time if you like. Also..... for someone who didn't quite get singlespeeds you now have more or less 3 :p and owned 4 in under a year

Hi Guys

Evening guys
The write up from Carron Valleyt will be later tonight as I am just in from Golspie highland wildcat trails. Excellent evening.
Time for food.

Jamie

Re: Hi Guys

Jamiedyer":1z2d712u said:
Evening guys
The write up from Carron Valleyt will be later tonight as I am just in from Golspie highland wildcat trails. Excellent evening.
Time for food.

Jamie

Golspie sounds the biz whats it like? Maybe going to take it in in a Macretro Hit The North camping weekend.

Think you are right about the grips- The ones on now look pretty but are really no good comfort wise. I might try bigger tyres but could get just as much joy with lower pressure :?: , I tend to run the wheels pretty firm.

Yeah single speed rocks no two ways about it- so quiet, the sound of velo crunching gears and then as a result his chain snapping made me realise that the simpler the better for bikes. I will always have a geared bike but will prob ride SS the most. How did you find the dale when you took it to CV? And what ratio you going for? I had 32/16 but went to 32/17 and think I have just about got it right.

Re: Hi Guys

Jamiedyer":344s15mh said:
Evening guys
Time for food.

Jamie

you lucky boy you- what's it like and what did you ride? SS with spesh velo modification?

clockworkgazz":2mdf1ms8 said:
Think you are right about the grips- The ones on now look pretty but are really no good comfort wise. I might try bigger tyres but could get just as much joy with lower pressure :?: , I tend to run the wheels pretty firm.

Yeah single speed rocks no two ways about it- so quiet, the sound of velo crunching gears and then as a result his chain snapping made me realise that the simpler the better for bikes. I will always have a geared bike but will prob ride SS the most. How did you find the dale when you took it to CV? And what ratio you going for? I had 32/16 but went to 32/17 and think I have just about got it right.

true grips and pressure might be the first port of call. oury grips are meant to be good for shock absorption , retro too. The dale at CV was....... tough, great on the climbs but too hard for me too handle on the rough stuff. I need my front bounce if it has to be used in ernest, rigid will be for retro meets and projects only. Got to say though that your handling skills more than make up for no bounce, doesn't seem to stop you much if at all?

regarding grips ive just changed from gusset b@stards to prolite magic mushrooms which are a copy of longnecks , which are in turn a copy from another grip in the 80s

the b@stard file profile of the gussets while very grippy wasnt very soft and my little fingers have started to hurt a bit due to the daily small downhill rigid punishment ive been giving them . the new ones have a mushroom style so have more cushion . ill also be lowering the pressure in the front tyre once my new wheel arrives . i already hear the rim dinging against the ground so i hope the new wider one wont create snakebites

http://www.cyclesportuk.co.uk/product_i ... cts_id=351

http://www.cyclesportuk.co.uk/images/pr ... rgrips.gif

theyre quite wide but theres nothing to stop you cutting a bit out to narrow them

Is the next meet set yet? where and when? is there a seperate thread for it? losing track and need to get out!

Back