MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

epicyclo":1tehduzt said:
jimo746":1tehduzt said:
...Think I'll just stick Magura rim brakes on this bike instead, at least i know where i am with those!! :roll:
Good idea. There'll be no stopping you then... :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I see what you did there, very cool :)

Jamie

Re:

Changing the subject for a moment
Serious Question Headsets and bottom brackets
Has Shimano stopped making headsets?
Comparing Shimano headsets and bottom brackets with Hope ones is it worth the extra expense?

Serious question mind.

RobMac":2olmhi92 said:
Changing the subject for a moment
Serious Question Headsets and bottom brackets
Has Shimano stopped making headsets?
Comparing Shimano headsets and bottom brackets with Hope ones is it worth the extra expense?

Serious question mind.

1. Don't know (expect not)
2. Sense of satisfaction using UK made products, however for the amount of riding we do probably not worth the price difference, but when did that ever stop us spending on bike parts :mrgreen:

I have some Hope headsets but no BBs.

Also most of my roadie stuff is Campag, Stronglight or Gipiemme as I like to use European gear on Italian, French or Weegie frames. All a matter of preference.

Starting to intensely dislike Chinese electrics of any kind though :roll:

Re:

Shimano stopped making headsets when Aheadset became the dominant style. They wouldn’t pay to use someone else’s patent. Patent now expired but these days there’s so many variations, I can’t see it being worth their while.

Hope bottom brackets last ages and the bearings can be easily popped out and replaced. They have however got a lot more expensive lately. You can get 5 XT for the same price. The SLX level press fit on my plus bike has only just given up the ghost after 3 years and no maintenance what so ever. Replacement cost £17.

Re:

I used to be indecisive but now I’m not to sure ;)

I thought you were one of the level headed among us so don’t be to hard on yourself :)

Jamie

RobMac":3qpcx4v9 said:
I've buggered yous guys about so much over the last few years I need to sort my head out.

Just come along. Getting out riding and chatting to people will help sort your head out. Hiding yourself away will only make it worse.
The piss taking is just meant as good natured banter, but if it’s affecting you wanting to join us or you think we’re being serious then it’s time to knock it on the head.

Back