MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Sounds like you had a great time.
You seen a good chunk in a short time.
Came through Brora yesterday and spent the night near Aviemore, at Advie outside Grantown-on-Spey and heading to Rothiemurchus just now on the 1X1.

Hopefully my Mercian KOM will be home next week. :)
Lugs are lined and I have kept the little hearts in the lugs just lined rather than fill them which is the normal procedure. I debated over this for a while though as I just thought it suited the colours better. head tube lugged in black. Another coat of clear to seal it all in and soon will be getting built back up.

Jamie

5 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

6 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

14 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Very nice.
Have had some paint decisions of my own this week. Earlier in the year I was cleaning my Saffron and found what I thought was a paint crack. Turned out it was a tube crack. Phoned the builder and find out I’ve the dubious honour of being the first person to destroy one of his frames! In his defence it didn’t go at a join but round about where the butting on the seat tube stops.
Frame has been with them for tube replacement for a few months and I got the call this week to say it’s bsck together.
Had the option of the original colour or a new choice and went for a wee change. It’s off to paint next week and should hopefully be back soon.

sorry to hear that about the saffron Clubby....any idea how it happened?

I got good news as well ssaying my new british racing green cotic solaris lands in the uk next monday, so build should be approx 2-3 weeks away. been a nightmare only having one bike lol.

Re:

When you sell a retro bike frame for £25, get a message to say it's arrived safely, then see it listed on ebay the same day at £180 :LOL: :facepalm:
Talk about "Retro tax" :roll:

Pics of the Saffron once it's back home Clubby :cool:

Re: Re:

jimo746":2g1ptic3 said:
When you sell a retro bike frame for £25, get a message to say it's arrived safely, then see it listed on ebay the same day at £180 :LOL: :facepalm:
Was it someone on here?

Re:

No Rob, someone from a Farcebook group, I won't be selling to him again.
It needed the suspension sorting (rear shock and headshock) and I have neither the time or inclination to do it, and it would cost ££ to have someone else do it. I've seen complete working bikes sell for way less than the new asking price for the frame :LOL:

Re:

RobMac":24gqi6sz said:
jimo746":24gqi6sz said:
Was it someone on here?

Erm....we thought it was you! :mrgreen:

Back