MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Could ask this in road section but, well not really a roady so I'd feel awkward. Tyres, I have decided within my much diminished fleet to build a roadbike for winter training. I have never ridden a bike with tyres less than 28mm wide but the frame and wheel set I have is for 25mm or less if I want mudguards. Any recommendation for tough skinny tyres that are not a barsteward to lever on and off clincher rims and have puncture resistance ?

Cheers John, ill add them to my list though my riding partner is proving elusive this weekend.

Velo, I was particularly fond of Continental gp 4 seasons. I found if you go too puncture resistant you end up with a really dull riding bike. Gp4's hit the sweet spot. If you want something more budget then I believe that the specialized offerings are good.

Re:

cONTI gATORSKINS- YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE

oNE DAY i'LL GET THE HANG OF THESE KEYBOARD THINGS.... .... ....

:roll:

Re:

Another vote for Continental GP 4 Season tyres from me. They seem to be pretty tough, roll nicely and never noticed them being particularly difficult to fit (although it depends on the rim/tyre combination). If you shop around you can get deals for a pair with tubes sometimes as they're not the cheapest.

Any MacRetro still running eggbeaters? I'm having a purge and I'll box what I have up and send them on. Can't guarantee the condition but I'm sure a few pairs will still be in working order. Free gratis of course.

Re:

The moment when Rob realises it really isnae tomato sauce......

cGCnvjvl.jpg

kaiser":24s60hfa said:
Any MacRetro still running eggbeaters? I'm having a purge and I'll box what I have up and send them on. Can't guarantee the condition but I'm sure a few pairs will still be in working order. Free gratis of course.

Kaiser, Rob is correct, I have Eggbeaters on all my MTBs, and thanks for offer, some spares wouldn't go amiss.

Cannae believe yer still using that pish, especially after that spring snapping on you over the dark side of the Bishop.
Hud on a minute though, someone mentioned free. That’ll explain it. ;)

Back