MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

1 x 10 for me, just about to change the Scandal and Pugsley too.

If you are going to go to the hassle of having a front mech and shifter then you might as well have three rings. And with my luddite head on I don't like 10 speed. So for me it is either 3x7,8,9, or 1x1 or 1xIGH. ;)

firedfromthecircus":ow9mxg7i said:
If you are going to go to the hassle of having a front mech and shifter then you might as well have three rings.

Not necessarily. First time I went to Whistler I took a 42t outer ring and it came back a 39! Double and bash is my preferred choice. That said the Saffron will be 1x11.

Re:

Not this weekend Rob. Red wine is €1.50 a glass out here :)

Klaus, shoulder movement good but muscles still weak. Was sore the last day after carting luggage around. Need to be more disciplined about physio exercises. Staring road bike next week, but will be taking it easy.

DrystonePaul, National AEC, is trying to get the ball rolling on National series 2015.

I replied and I hope have not stepped on anyones toes, but I told him we're most likely to do what we did in 2014 and not take part in the National Series for the same reasons. I did say we'd do a MacRetro Event which I suggested should be Glentress 2015 in June which we do anyway.

Any objections ?

Back