MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":3kme800s said:
FFTC I thought you'd put up a link for Anne Summers there :shock:

Aye , some interesting wee gizmos there :shock:

I'll maybe give a tighter ring a go :facepalm:

Re:

I've put anti slip pads under mine, got them from the pound shop.

Re:

As Rob says a bit of inner tube around bars sorted my light when it was on standard bars. When I recently put the bar light on with OS bars the light wouldn't point straight so I used another method.

The plastic mount you get with the head band is what I use to fit light to helmet minus the elastic straps but with a velcro strap through slots.

I mounted one of them on top of stem with 2 re-usable cable-ties through the part of mount that the O-ring goes to hold light. Cut a small square of Karrimat type foam to put between mount and stem as the rubber on underside of mount is a bit thin, the cable ties go either side of stem round bars then over face plate. Light is right in middle and disnae move.

I obtained(cough) the re-usable cable ties from one of the many tree plantings around Loch Leven. Some were done years ago so are either redundant as the wee trees inside tubes are deid or big enough to have burst the plastic protection tube. So I re-cycled some of the cable ties.

Re:

so it's friday night, nothing happening, no major bike parts urgently needed, and I keep finding myself wandering over to the "For Sale" forum for no good reason... :facepalm:

Back