MacRetro chat and rides thread

In theory I could build a frame bag too as I have some similar materials and access to an industrial grade sewing machine but I'll probably not bother as its a project too far.

velomaniac":1cedoxrs said:
In theory I could build a frame bag too as I have some similar materials and access to an industrial grade sewing machine but I'll probably not bother as its a project too far.

Theory nothing V. Im more than convinced you could make one quite easily :?

Go for it Rob
I'd like to see a frame pack being produced by us. Even to the point of sale as its one pannier that has been forgotten :?mas long as it doesnt stick out too far and impede pedaling.
When you think of things like tent poles and where best to put them and other difficult to store flat parts.

How about a triangular shaped tent bag :?

So sewing machines - what do you guys have :) I have 3 singers - 2 manual and 1 powered but like my bikes only 1 working just now.

Only sewing machines I have access to are both at work but ones a Singer Manual Bootmakers model so very heavy duty. I make harnesses for cattle with it for my manure collection. I must confess I'd like a manual singer sewing machine to muck around with at home. my mother has all the sewing and knitting gadgets you could want and so I've been interested in such stuff since I was a kid. One day when I'm old and grey, like Rob, and bikes are no longer for me I'll probably get into stuff like that.

Back