MacRetro chat and rides thread

Could have warned us, that made me a little bit sick. Thanks, you've just put me off my lunch.
Seriously though, wouldn't a normal bike with racks be just as good and cheaper. Are you really going to be carrying that much weight to justify something like that? Frame looks like an early 90's Raleigh ladies mtb.

Fair enough, if you've no car and live in a city I can see the advantages. Certainly a lot better value than some of the options.

http://www.londongreencycles.co.uk/cycles/

Saw that place on the cycle show, even if you didn't know by the name, as soon as you saw the prices you'd know where they are based!
Not sure about the new place in Glasgow, Pronto Gara. Call themselves an urban bike shop, which may be code for pretentious hipsters. Not been yet, so that might be a bit harsh.

So asking for some advice folks, been out again on the YO tonight and much as I love everything about the bike I can't escape from the fact that my neck hurts :(

My head says sell, as it is an expensive wall hanger with the odd ride in the dry and TBH I could use the money for more baby stuff (fourth on the way) but....

Heart says keep forever, always my one and only dream bike and I love ogling her when I go out to the garage, real eye candy.

So that said, what would you do?

clockworkgazz":rgp2lwfs said:
So asking for some advice folks, been out again on the YO tonight and much as I love everything about the bike I can't escape from the fact that my neck hurts :(

My head says sell, as it is an expensive wall hanger with the odd ride in the dry and TBH I could use the money for more baby stuff (fourth on the way) but....

Heart says keep forever, always my one and only dream bike and I love ogling her when I go out to the garage, real eye candy.

So that said, what would you do?

I'll swap you a pram, can even throw in a car seat and a few nappies. :D

If you think the retro bug will bite again then keep it, I reckon prices are still on the up and you've got a really nice and spec'd example. The worst thing that can happen is you keep hold and sell it in a few years, but you'd still get more than what you paid for it. The other thing you could do is sell everything and buy a new dream bike, one for the future.

Back