MacRetro chat and rides thread

Jamiedyer":3jtafzub said:
Hi Charlie
Thats sounds like my kind of place, you play the music AND you buy the beers.

Jamie

This is unusual ,normally with musicians they play the music,you buy the beer AND usually get roped into humping the bands equipment home at the end of the night.

I once gave a musician friend a lift to a gig on the back of my old muddyfox pathfinder, with him sitting on the rack, flight case being held alongside.
Fat bugger seriously bent it beyond repair. :LOL:

Some Great piccys from your flickr page Gmac :D but is there no titles to tell you where they were taken ?

dyna-ti":1qbujpja said:
Some Great piccys from your flickr page Gmac :D but is there no titles to tell you where they were taken ?

sorry fella I just use flickr for BBcode, so no order or organisation there

Had a wee thought, next months are big Aviemore national meet and yet I get the impression there will be no reconaisance or rehearsal of said meet/ride. Infact the whole subject seems to have fallen dowen the back of the sofa.
If its going ahead, i should point out the Aviemore YHA is fully booked fror the 25/26 May, Aviemore Bunkhouse is nearly booked out and thus other than Rothiemurchus campsite and rough camping, the budget options are already practically gone.
A standard offpeak return from Edinburgh on the Train is £56 approx and cheaper deals are starting to disapear so if I dont book soon I'll be dependent on one of you guys to drive me up.
Basically I think we might be leaving this rather late for over a Bank Holiday weekend, time to start getting organised.
Just saying.........

Might I suggest starting a thread? I'm still highly unlikely to make this :( I would need a weekend pass and would have to use two scarce as it is holidays from work. Still where theres a will theres a way an all that.

Nice little vid by dundee uni - riding on Kinnoull Hill next to Perth. Some nice looking jumps too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN-ecgzGfc[/youtube]

That looks brilliant fun and its nice to see even with full sussers, the yoof of today can still crash stupidly :LOL:

So TK when you scheduling an East Coast ride at that venue ;)

Back