MacRetro chat and rides thread

old_coyote_pedaller":3a25ive5 said:
The joint I’m about to roll requires a craftsman. It can utilise up to 12 skins.

What he actually said was-
Danny":3a25ive5 said:
The joint I am about to roll requires a craftsman and can utilize up to twelve spliffs. It is called a Camberwell carrot.'

I couldn't remember the exact words, I've only watched the film about 4 times, so Googled it. :oops:
Though I did deliberately leave off the Camberwell carrot reference as it had already been mentioned.
e14492.gif

The Ken":2yv02izp said:
Great day out at the velodrome today, proper dad son adventure. Good to see rado, gmac, mrs gmac and friend too. Watched Laura trott win gold in the omnium and Harry saw Danny MacAskill

great day out, good to see you and the young fella. it was a very quick afternoon, though it flowed very quickly and kept us all well entertained. defo be back to velodrome to watch the action and all but decided to do the accreditation thing to get some safe warm winter mid-week miles

velomaniac":2yv02izp said:
Just watched a wee bit of vid DaveDH recorded when he was riding up at Aviemore yesterday. Shows him piling down 4 or so miles of brilliant fast flowing singletrack back toward Aviemore :cool:
When he's loaded it up to YouTube he'll post a link, looks brilliant fun and he says its fully retro rigid friendly :D

that does sound good

kaiser":3cyxxod8 said:
I had a peruse over this last night

http://www.rsf.org.uk/scotland-12.html

when we were heading up to Torridon driving through Kintail I thought a route about here would be nice.

I like the looks of that, would be ideal ride to break up the route skye or torridon. from the central belt I reckon it would be a good 4hrs either way.

can confirm zigzag papers are quality, slightly thicker than rizla, good for the novice of the rolling arts... always been a highlander man myself, no need to stick 3 (or 12) together..... :oops: just given away my other passion, really need to grow up one of these days....

what a film, my fav danny quote, i do try and through this in during meetings at work when people I canny stand get a little over animated... it's never really worked, generally (solely to my amusement) it seems to antagonise the irate co-worker, but makes my day

"Change down man. Find your neutral space. You got a rush. It’ll pass. Be seated"

There is an acronym for people who are a wee bit too obsessed by that film.

Withnail And Nobody Knows ers

These folk are known to stand beside the M1 in trenchcoats and quote the film and Shakespear at each other.

Very, very sad but Lake District tearooms have never been the same since :LOL:

Back