LOTUS SPORT 110

andrew45

Retro Newbie
THIS IS A PIECE OF HISTORY, THE HOLY GRAIL, THE CATS MEOW. ONCE IN A LIFE TIME CHANCE TO OWN A LOTUS SPORT 110 IN A GREAT CONDITION.

PRICE: 4200 POUNDS

I will ship worldwide, via tracked and insured courier. Secure payment method can be arranged that buyer feels comfortable with.

The Lotus was developed by Mike Burrows and applied Formula One motor racing engineering to a bicycle, with a carbon composite monocoque frame designed to minimise wind resistance and reduce drag. Despite being produced in 1994, it still looks space-age and futuristic compared to modern day road bikes.

Still considered one of the most iconic bike ever made, the Lotus 110 is the brain child of Mike Burrows, an engineer/cycling enthusiast, who designed the Lotus 108 Gold Medal winning Pursuit bike of the Barcelona Olympics in 1992. The 110 was the consumer version of the 108 made by Cape Town based Aerodyne Technology, to develop the pioneering bike with a view to securing a commercial future for a range of Lotus sports products.

Famously ridden to many victories by Chris Boardman, the Lotus 110 still holds the UCI Hour record at 56.375 Km using the “Superman-style.”

The Lotus Sport 110 was produced in small batches following Chris Boardman’s success at the Olympics. It’s not clear how many were produced, but they do come up for sales on the internet from time to time. It’s a highly collectable bike for obvious reasons.

NOTE : THE BICYCLE REQUIRES REAR WHEEL DROPOUTS. BIKE USES SCREW IN DROPOUTS THAT WILL HAVE TO BE MADE
Key Specs

Size 55cm
Model Year 1996

Components

Frame & Fork LOTUS CARBON
Wheelset MAVICS 3G TRI SPOKE CARBON
Front derailleur NA
Rear derailleur SACHS
Shifters SACHS
Brakes SACHS NEW SUCCESS
Crankset SACHS
Cassette SACHS
Seatpost LOTUS
Saddle NA
Stem LOOK ERGOSTEM
Handlebar FORMA
Pedals LOOK

Attachments

• 4 NEW.jpg
    4 NEW.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 3 NEW.jpg
    3 NEW.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 2 NEW.jpg
    2 NEW.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,630
  • LOTUS 5.jpg
    LOTUS 5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,630
Hi there . thanks that's kind of you I appreciate it. Rearding the frame number, I cant seem to be able to locate the frame number. Does not seem to have any numbers on the frame though?

Back