longuns day in the peaks 2 aftermath

Well the flattering angle of mine attending to my starter motor it shows how well the crud guard does its job. dry arse throughout. I really enjoyed the ride it was great.

Oh, and now I really want a Dave Yates. There really is nothing cooler than a well used Yates sporting a rack.

Re:

Whilst it might not of seemed it at times, I did actually enjoy the ride - slow bloke on the "Milka" Saracen. The weather was interesting, shame we didn't get any mist/fog - then we'd have had just about all weather types in one day...sun (briefly) rain, sleet, snow, wind and hail.

But good banter and old bikes can always beat the conditions.

Looking forward to the next one!

Re:

Great ride by the looks of it Longun! :cool:

I bet the wet rock was a bit dodgy, eh?

Been to that cafe a couple of times. Sadly not with a bike though.

But NEXT time, hopefully! ;)

We'll see

Mike

The sandstone offered a lot of grip but, as already mentioned, the rocks organised themselves so as to dismount each rider in unique and interesting ways

legrandefromage":39bxlx1u said:
The sandstone offered a lot of grip but, as already mentioned, the rocks organised themselves so as to dismount each rider in unique and interesting ways

Have you not watched Frozen? The rocks are trolls. You need to make friends with the rocks/trolls. As a local who respects the aforementioned rocks and their ways I consider them my friends, and we had a good relationship throughout the ride. It's the mud and holes hidden below the water line that I don't trust (and had me off at least three times).

I was very keen to see the rocks for the last few hundred metres of that final decent. I realise that they may well distrust someone who has travelled from the distant flat lands, and doesn't know their ways, but when you get to know them they are the good guys really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrL6fbgAO74

And if you need any relationship advice they are good for that too...

thanks guys was a good meet up at the start sorry could not come on the ride but thanks to who ever bought my crap lol.
I have more if any ones intrested :)

Latest posts

Back