Wanted Lock ring for Race Face iBeam crank

coyut

Mountain Cycle Fan
I got a iBeam crank set but found the lock ring is missing. Does anyone has a spare one or knows of someone who did repros?

Here you can see the missing lockring

Attachments

• 16603149377463696315759152854617.jpg
    16603149377463696315759152854617.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 20
That's odd and annoying.
I've got a set on a bike plus one or two lock rings from different cranks, I could see if any of them will fit? I've never seen one for sale separately, only cranks with cracked ones. I think they're difficult to remove.
Would you be willing to sell them as they are? If you can't find a lock ring?

I'm probably not going to sell them as I just found some Pace and Kooka rings plus custom spacers for them. They are going on one of my project biked which might end as a wall piece. But in the end its all a question of money 😂

Tharts the bike that are planed to use them. The fork is just a place holder and will get a fully refurbished SL Ti.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_201502_004.jpg
    IMG_20220624_201502_004.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 9
Who doesn't love a San Andreas? They looked like they came from outer space when they firshed appeared.

I had a set with a cracked one, asked around and drew a blank. Contacted Race Face who also didn't have any but they did sell me some retro cranks very cheaply which I thought was great of them.

I seem to recall finding out that they are not just screwed on but also bonded which is I guess why they are hard to remove and are often cracked due to attempts to do so?

Thee is a thread somewhere about them, how they changed through the years etc.

Degreasers damage them if use too much/long soak
Screenshot_20220826_213140_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the threads are metric, imperial or custom?

Maybe I can find a thin stock nut that would fit.

The bike is probably going on my office wall, but I always set my goal to rebuild the bikes so that they are actually ridable and time correct as close as possible.

Back