Litespeed lookout

nik_h":8u9201r3 said:
Hi Awkward Kid. Thought I'd check out your Lookout after your nice comments about my Pisgah. Very nice and indeed very similar! I really like the dropout/disc-mount detail. I've got to run the older bolt-on adapter to use disc brakes which isn't ideal, but seems to work well enough.

Cheers mate. There's a link on this page I think to a Litespeed page that tells you the difference between models. They are awesome bikes. This is my first and probably my favourite bike to date. They're just so quick and easy to ride! Will keep an eye on your build as I do fancy SS'ing mine over the winter.

A day playing today with my boy. I've put him back on his scooter/balance bike as he's become lazy with his stabilizers. Not to different to me... For the first time in years i've taken the spds off and popped some flats on. Its been along time since i've ridden any distance and i'm well chuffed. Think for the shorter rides i'll stick with the DX flats and pop the egg beaters on for the forests blaps. Check out the Ti skewer detail on my lads Specialized :shock: Gonna pop an Avid lever on as well i think?

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,649
Good few months have pasted since i popped an update on. Had a few good rides in that time. Spds are back on. I'm to old to be bunny hoping every curb, tree root etc. I have had a go at the silly cheap ebay lights! Can confirm they are mega, and cost... very little. Will be stripping down and greasing her up ready for a good outing soon.
i'm toying with the idea of a full sus next or another BMX? Who knows eh?

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,558
So...

I went for the BMX. Gonna be out for the start of the season work permitting :roll:

Since this pic i've popped on some Shimano DX flats, waiting on a set of XT V's and i need to trim an inch off the bars each side. Thinking a sexy red DX V lever? All i need now is a full face lid (to hide my embarrassment mostly of being 30 and unfit :oops: )!

Oh i've got a matching X-lite stem cap to keep it akin to zee Litespeed ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1991.JPG
    IMG_1991.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,456
So my titanium story is almost over. This weekend she's off down south to her new owner! Orginally i'd not been convinced about the super expensive ti bikes and the value over cheaper ones on the market... but... this isnt going to be my last! Litespeeds are worth every penny! One day i'll have another of these special machines as they truely are very awesome!

;)

Did anyone ever manage to weigh just the frame? Trying to keep my spreadsheet organized. The one weight I found is 1734 grams.

Im also sad you sold it as it was the inspiration for mine which is getting closer to done as money allows...

Back