Lincolnshire to host National Road Championships in 2015.

Re: Lincolnshire to host National Road Championships in 2015

Yes, good news
on the GP circuit (with some changes I'd hope)
why whats wrong with the circuit? The Lincoln GP is always an enjoyable day out

pigman":2q5fzj85 said:
Yes, good news
on the GP circuit (with some changes I'd hope)
why whats wrong with the circuit? The Lincoln GP is always an enjoyable day out

Did I say there is anything wrong with the circuit? I've been a supporter of the Lincoln GP since the late 1980s (when I was a co-sponsor).

The Grand Prix is traditionally 102 miles, the NRC distance has been set at 125 miles; hence my "changes"comment.

Jon.

O .... K ..... :?

I say treading carefully and backing out towards the door

Spent a few years in Lincoln way way back... Pretty sure I remember the Milk Race going up the cobbles of Steep Hill & up to the cathedral. That was superb!

Newman8":3eyddcek said:
Spent a few years in Lincoln way way back... Pretty sure I remember the Milk Race going up the cobbles of Steep Hill & up to the cathedral. That was superb!

Yup, that's where it all happens. There have been some quite exceptional attacks up there over the years - and many examples of legs exploding.

Not literally of course :shock: :roll:

A mate rode the Lincoln GP a couple of years back. He was a 2nd cat, so was never gonna contest, but he reckoned the uphill and especially the cobbled bit was 'easy'. There was a kind of truce amongst the riders ( not the contenders of course). He said the hard bits were the descent and the flat bits where gaps opened and you had to constantly ride round those who were less speedy. The carnage occurred on the fast bits.

Fantastic news!! Great for Lincolnshire :)

Back