Lights - upgrade Lumicycle vs Chinese Cree XML vs ?

Not read the whole thread.
Have you spoken to Lumicycle? I've found them to be very helpful and repairs are either free or very reasonable. On two occasions (over about 8+ years), I've sent battery-packs back and had them repaired or up-grated.
IMO, worth a try as Lumi are a Brit company and deal direct.

Piers":2hpku9ls said:
Not read the whole thread.
Have you spoken to Lumicycle? I've found them to be very helpful and repairs are either free or very reasonable. On two occasions (over about 8+ years), I've sent battery-packs back and had them repaired or up-grated.
IMO, worth a try as Lumi are a Brit company and deal direct.

Just to follow this one up I actually got my original lumis back in action.
-Stripped the HID down, resoldered a broken wire and seems to be working again.
-Ditched the lumi fast charger and made a lumi lead for my hobby charger. Cycled both big Nimh batteries a couple of time and both seem to have a reasonable capacity.
-Picked up a cheap MR11 LED bulb from China > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0909005981 which I've stuck in one of the halogen cans with a glow ring for general use.

Given I rarely ride 'properly' at night sure this will suffice for the moment, have used them quite a bit given the short evenings and all seems well again. Might be nice to get a Lumi li-on battery at some point but no rush. Did order one of the cheap £15 LED setups from China, still waiting on this though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back