Lidl clothing

:(

The smallest chaps jerseys they had in my local shop were mediums, too big for a scrawny git like me.

The sole material is pretty hard - I'm thinking they're probably a different brand than the ones Dr S had, no way I'd describe them as soft.

Without SPDs, I'd rather be wearing trainers or a proper lightweight walking shoe before I'd use these on flats - reckon they'd be pretty slippy, especially in the wet.

Well, I have just got a pair of the shoes too. All £14.99 of them. I know I have a new set of cleats somewhere and will try when I get back from hols. And the really good thing is I don't think anyone I know saw me go in.

Edit: A word of advice. They do seem to size quite large. I have gone for a whole (UK) size smaller than I normally would.

Aye, good point about the size. I'm usually a 9.5 or sometimes 10, but all they had left were 9s, and they fit perfectly.

Got my shoes today, though seems we pay more for them up north :(

They're quite flexible*, more like a walking trainer that can take cleats.

Though saying that, they are very comfy, far comfier than the last style they had and they fit properly. Size 44** for me and was perfect, like size 44 used to be before they messed em up and I had to get 45 for some odd reason with modern day shoes.

*saying that the only other pair of biking shoes I've ever had where Shimano 1st MTB racing shoe (the black one with orange bits iirc) from the early 90's. They may all be like this now. Though why they would move from a stiff, slightly flexy sole I do not know. Hope it doesn't make cleats difficult to use.

** 9.5 in UK real.

DoctorRad":3lew5wq9 said:
Dammit, got to pack to go on holiday tonight so can't drive to Northwich... you think there'd be enough poverty in Runcorn for them to have a Lidl :LOL:

Might just have to have a late finish...

I thought there was one in Warrington? Maybe it's an Aldi. Aldi's quite posh - the cars there are much nicer than the ones at Asda usually.

Back