Leeds canal to kirkstall abbey. 23.2.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go Marc, the picture does not do it justice, it looks great in the flesh.

Attachments

• Alpine stars.jpg
    Alpine stars.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 789
forgot dasiy has swimming lessons at 8.30 on sundays, the in law and karen may go instead so fingers crossed i can still come, got a big box of bits to sell as well, cheap :)

I'll be there Marc... might ride down, but I'll probably need to bring some bits... :D

Does anyone know what the weather is planning to do for sunday, weve had 15 degrees and bright sunshine this afternoon, i was rocking a t-shirt this afty, very happy, and if were due the same kind of weather then im bringing my zaskar, first ride of it (if the weathers good and im getting a touch giddy lol)

Easy spud,

Weather looks overcast with no rain, or at least not much of it. Mild too at 10 degree or so.
Saturday, looks like there may be some long sunny spells which will help dry the place out even further, not that it is particularly muddy or owt.
There are many bridges we can seek shelter under should a shower pass through. Alot of the paths are quite newly surfaced, sort of gritty.

I doubt a day like you have enjoyed today is on the cards but not too bad for a february.

marc.

Don't forget you jumble dosh (currently filling boxes with far too many spare bits) and jumble guys , anybody after any disc wheels as I've got 2 pairs but don't know if it's worthwhile chucking them in .
Matthew

Re food for this ride , initial option was morrisons at Kirkstall but option 2 is the Gatehouse at the Abbey museum , called in today and they do snacks and Sunday lunch (supposedly huge) Sunday lunch is £6.90 and hopefully the photo I took of the menu board will be legible.
They have a group of 16 having lunch at 1 so we need to arrive either 1/2 hour before or after 1 if we decide to eat there , I've got the phone no so can ring through beforehand .
Matthew

Attachments

• 2014-02-21 11.55.19.jpg
    2014-02-21 11.55.19.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 742
Hi all,

Will be trying my hardest to get to this one, will have to see how the long list of jobs go tomorrow

Bazza

re food if anyone has a Costco card you can get a pizza inthere for 8 notes as big as a dustbin lid
and if its peperoni theres grease left over to oil the bikes :cool:
its near the royal armory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back