Least Loved of the Big American Brands

Asama, Raleigh and oh yes Trek. I worked in a warehouse in Alberta when trek teamed up with VW to offer the jetta trek edition. I came across one of those VW trek bikes one day at work and the headtube was completely ripped off the right side and was barely holding on the left side. "Better stay away from those" I thought.

Trek the worst for me by far, because:

They made Kleins more boring
They took the bontrager name and put it on everything

Mongoose

... specifically the Mongoose Amplifier B2. They were praised BITD, but now they have a very low resale value, so I guess on that measure they would be one of the least loved big brand bikes.

Re: Mongoose

LQQK":w6p2mzxh said:
... specifically the Mongoose Amplifier B2. They were praised BITD, but now they have a very low resale value, so I guess on that measure they would be one of the least loved big brand bikes.

It's funny, sometimes they go for silly money, sometimes you pick up a real bargin.

I just don't understand people who pay big money for Zaskars, at the end of the day they were just a mass produced aluminium bike, like Treks, Marins, Specialized etc etc.

ATB

John

Good topic, i've been looking at changing my everyday bike (as not happy with me spes) and can't find a single bike that hits the spot, as for hates got to be TREK, mynchiboy got it spot on with making Kleins boring and pasting Bontrager everywhere, shame.

Back