Leaky mag 21's replacement valve rubbers or complet top caps

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ive finally gotten round to sorting out the Mag21's for my Bontrager and sadly the RH leg is leaking like a good un. they from 30 psi to negligable air pressure in 20 minutes but after about a minute they right leg starts to sag and contract then pul and twist the forks out of line (so much so i actually thought the wewre bent before i discovered how bad the RH lg leak was)

but back to the point

I need a replacement valve core - fancy name for a small almost solid roll of rubber. failing that a new set of top caps.

Any pointers on where to scource them - specifically the rubber valves themselves.

Re: Leaky mag 21's replacement valve rubbers or complet top

see my Signature, or eBay US for a ~£20 original fit it yourself valve.
MAG10 are cheapest to do as you can post and I can post back in a cheaper large letter as the bit needed is not the full cap.
MAG21/20 will be the same cost
MAG30 are a pain in the fecking arse in comparison. currently doing a full fork but changing the valve.

I do have original valves I forgot about but will charge more for them on there own, see ebay cost above..than fitting and testing a custom job. postage and the material is the biggest cost. my time comes practically free. :-( they end up too expensive if I charge actual labour :-(

or you can try fitting presta valves like tubless style ones. oddly mag30 are probably the beset for this but not tried.

Back