Le Tour 2012!

monster crash yesterday, but wiggins has avoided the worst so far.with voeckler and hesjedal at 14 mins down allready i guess that is 2 less to worry :D about. some hills today so might be some action

what a first mountain stage,that finish looked a killer. sky looked super strong .wiggins looked strong and held evans ,and with the help of froome things are looking good :D

matthew71":1o8zfize said:
Wiggins looked strong and held Evans...

Why didn't he take second place ahead of Evans? I know that he didn't 'have' to do so in order to take yellow but psychologically, showing Evans that he can, and will beat him, even by a wheel...

He's keeping his powder dry, giving nothing away.
It's quite a split that's developed though, on a piddly little hill...

piddly little hill :LOL:
and i dont think that sort of hill suit,s wiggins,the longer less steep ones seem better for him . lets hope he dose ok tomorrow,and should be good for 45 seconds over evans in the tt

Thought yesterday's finishing hill was more like a British type of climb. Shortish but steep, the kind Wiggins probably rides up every day if he's training in Lancs. That said he'd have lost time on that in the past so it's another weakness they've worked on. Nibali and Evans may have to try and crack him going downhill not up.

Russell":35hx95su said:
matthew71":35hx95su said:
Wiggins looked strong and held Evans...

Why didn't he take second place ahead of Evans? I know that he didn't 'have' to do so in order to take yellow but psychologically, showing Evans that he can, and will beat him, even by a wheel...

I suspect that he didn't want to pressurise Evans and endanger Froome's win, which was a decent reward for a hard day's work.

Loved Wiggo's rant the other day. C*nts :LOL:
Fantastic TT yesterday too.
Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow in the mountains.

Back