Late 90's DH bike collection - GT DHi and Intense Tazer FS

dmdmdm":3s3hxqs7 said:
Dorado sc on a tazer...nice.

I wanted one for my tazer, but people want silly money for them, and always from abroad with no buyer protection.....So I got its older sister...the millennium.

Read a few times the internals are the same, Do you know anything about that?

Hows it ride, other than *fast*? :p My first real bike was a Ballistic xocet which had 4" front and rear...But Im expecting a wild difference when I finally finish my tazer...I've rode an fsr ground control recently and compared to other FS bikes I've had, that felt slack and racey...I think the tazer is going to blow my mind when its done.

Afraid I don't know about the internals, I would have thought being an upside down to standard format fork there'd be a difference but you never know.

Reviewing the Tazer set up I think its a bit unorthodox to be honest. From what I've seen not many people run them long wheel base setting, mainly short. I've also set it up with the longest travel, steepest head angle, highest bottom bracket, so there is opportunity to slacken it up a bit. I didn't want it too low slung as it already feels a very small bike, (I'm 6ft2). It feels a bit like a slack full sus BMX.

Also I've read that the shock mount on the main frame when run at 4" travel needs to be in the top hole, (which i think is progressive rather than linear rate), I think people had said the shock fouls the frame otherwise, not that I'd noticed.

Latest posts

Back