Late 70's Bob Jackson TT build

Re: Late 70's Bob Jackson TT build WIP

All ready for work tomorrow. I put new bearings in the disc and it's super-smooth. Also swapped the cassette from the 13-21 to the 13-20 because the gear spacing is better. Quill pedals on for better Q and improved aero - saddle up a bit. I might have a look at fitting some of those self-adhesive balance weights because you really notice that the disc is out of balance when it's spinning on the bike stand.

image.jpg

Re:

Have temporarily switched to drop bars while my other bike is off the road, but because it's quite compact I need more reach. Picked up this 90's Cinelli mega-length stem on eBay and stripped the anodising off it last night so it'll match the bars when it dulls back down. 140mm long! Superman position is still legal, right?

IMG_0789.jpg

The bike is currently in commuting weapon mode. Got a tin of Pit Stop zip tied to the seat tube for the tubs but I used the 3D printer at work to make some frame clips that will let me hang it under the top tube. Tried to make it work for on the back of the seat post but the seat post clamp and the saddle clamp are kind of in the way. Might revisit it next week.

image.jpg

IMG_0823_1.jpg

This came to an unexpected end yesterday. Started feeling a bit wobbly on the way to work on Friday and there was a bit of a click coming from the headset area. The click got worse on the way in on Monday, so I brought it in to have a closer look before going home. Rocking it back and forth on the brake with a colleague, we watched this crack suddenly open up:

IMG_1232_1.jpg

Eep!

Jonny69":2jyyj5e2 said:
This came to an unexpected end yesterday. Started feeling a bit wobbly on the way to work on Friday and there was a bit of a click coming from the headset area. The click got worse on the way in on Monday, so I brought it in to have a closer look before going home. Rocking it back and forth on the brake with a colleague, we watched this crack suddenly open up:

IMG_1232_1.jpg

Eep!

Oh dear! Sorry to see that. Good job you noticed it before it collapsed beneath you. Is it worth considering a replacement tube?

Jonny69":chma2s6j said:

IMG_1232_1.jpg

Eep!

aaagggh!

all that effort...

Back