Last reply to locked post.

Would you like be to be banned for a short or permament period?

• Yes, go away for good, we don't want any more of your nonsense.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, stay, but sort yourself out.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Forgive me for not knowing/remembering the real names behind some of the usernames here. I hear you all. I accept I'm much of a cahunt much of the time here lately. That's to my own detriment, obviously. The rest of the active membership are always happy to help as always, and as I mostly used to before, even on the vast swathes of content I had zero interest in. I don't accept I'm a snob however, I have as much love for the mid range stuff as the niche handbuilt boutiques, maybe more so. But I just have no love for certain things.

I accept that my abrasive approach to some recent things on here is getting some people a bit riled up.

When I 'disappeared' I was not doing anything retro, all modern, and there was little reason to frequent the forum; a week away soon became a month, then two, and so on, and then it was a year. I made an effort to try coming back to vote in BOTM, to follow some builds I was interested in a revisited older ones I loved, and since being back more regularly over the past few months, prior to and then since buying the latest project (which I've done sod all with yet) I've noticed a massive influx of new members who simply post questions in GC simply looking for a valuation to then hop back to Facebook to advertise for sale. As well as a huge downturn in new build threads, updates on posts, even a noticeable absence of quality parts for sale. Becasue loads of people who used to make RB their first and perhaps only port of call every day or whatever for retro news are getting their fill - and mroe of it, more easily, on FB.

I'm FULLY aware of the wishes of a group of dedicated members of the forum to improve things here, which have all fallen upon deaf ears, sadly. I've encouraged lots of people to visit the forum through my social media posts elsewhere, so it simply isn't true that i'm pushing people away, on the contrary I've advocated its use and promoted s as much as I can. The migration of regulars away from here to FB, in the main, and the plethora of groups on there is because they're much easier to communicate in and share photos on. That's not a particular fault of the RB site but the php platform, although many (usually expensive) upgrades and plugins can circumvent some of the known issues such as photo posting.

I have simply lost patience with the people who aren't invested in the forum, rather just using its members for quite simple things. I don't want to be known as the intolerant one. The outspoken hater. It is too late for me to undo that, but I'll speak less on things I don't like from now on. And count to 5 or somthing before acting like a knob.

I want this place to thrive and to be a community of like-minded folk sharing their efforts and wares. I apologise for having an effected that's contrary to that.

And I apologise for being the horrible person I've become lately and those I've insulted and possibly upset. I know better and need to act like it. :(

Where’s the, go away, sort yourself out and come back option?

If not for you then for the good of the site.

Extended public contrition only adds to the damage.

Hey welcome back mate(the old Regan :LOL: ).....we all have our moments and it takes a bigger person to admit it.
Sadly life's too short...."don't let the turkeys get you down" as a great and wise man once said (I have absolutely no idea who :facepalm: ).

No stay, you ve helped me find parts in the past, with getting 1 1/4 headsets, and have contributed a lot to the Retrobike site. I think its fair to say we all have our bad periods or let things get out of hand, no ones perfect, perhaps have a bit more decorum in the future. Anyway welcome back.

Calum

The History Man":3qhtcyme said:
Where’s the, go away, sort yourself out and come back option?

If not for you then for the good of the site.

Extended public contrition only adds to the damage.
Ta Jase, yes, that too. I agree.

Cheshire1980":2mzojv7v said:
No stay, you ve helped me find parts in the past, with getting 1 1/4 headsets, and have contributed a lot to the Retrobike site. I think its fair to say we all have our bad periods or let things get out of hand, no ones perfect, perhaps have a bit more decorum in the future. Anyway welcome back.

Calum
Thanks. I recognise my faults and have to address them for all.

Re:

so i have just read the other thread, i have read this one also. i apologise to the other forum members for being too busy in my shop to be on here as much as i used to, otherwise i would have locked and/or deleted the thread.

Regan, this is not acceptable. regardless of posts of nice bikes, of your opinions, and apology above i will simply tell you this, wind your neck in, keep it polite, do not troll members, and stop trying to get around the profanity filter by playing with spellings etc. continuing to treat people like that will end in one way eventually, a Ban. you have marked yourself out as someone to watch, bear that in mind from now on when you post.

i will now lock this thread, if another starts i will lock or delete that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back