Sorted Large 80s frame and forks.

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
I'm trying to resist, I even stopped myself bidding on a muddy fox roadrunner frame and forks on ebay, then regretted it immediately!
So does anyone have anything like that kicking about that they'd be willing to part with? It would be to solve a problem with my weird tracker ebike! I'm using a Raleigh road frame and I can't fit tyres wider than 1.5 and the head angles too steep and twitchy, so the ideal solution would be a slack mountain bike frame. It doesn't need to be anything special, it shouldn't be really, but nice tubing would be good. Muddy fox, dawes, British Eagle, what's out there?
Thanks

What kind of size are you after in terms of measurement?

That was quick, thanks.
I'm thinking biggish, like 22"? 80s style too big frame with not a lot of standover.
Cheers

Ooh that is big! Can't help with that I'm afraid

Ooh that is big! Can't help with that I'm afraid
I'm thinking big, as the Roadie frame I'm using is 22" seat tube and 22" top tube c2c. I know the BB height is different and angles etc, but it's a starting point. What have you got size wise? If you know what I mean?

That one ^^^ is provisionally sold, but the seller had an identical one in dark red that I’ve just collected, 21” centre to centre, 23” centre to top, probably hi-ten steel frame, but in good condition. I bought it as A donor bike as I need a few parts from it for my own 80’s mtb, but the rest is available for beer money.
Let me know if it’s of any use.

That one ^^^ is provisionally sold, but the seller had an identical one in dark red that I’ve just collected, 21” centre to centre, 23” centre to top, probably hi-ten steel frame, but in good condition. I bought it as A donor bike as I need a few parts from it for my own 80’s mtb, but the rest is available for beer money.
Let me know if it’s of any use.
Hi, are they bullmoose bars?
I may well be interested in the leftovers, just frame and forks really, canti brakes would be good too. Do you have a picture of the one you're getting? Where in the country are you? I'm in the North East.
Thanks.

Sorted, well, I haven't got it yet, but, it's a Townsend! It's big, it's retro and it's going to get the shock of its life! I shall call it Pete! Maybe strip the paint and clear coat the bare steel! Who knows?
Cheers to @jimo746

Back