LAKE MXZ300 WINTER BOOTS £50

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Only used a hadndful of times.
I bought these just before Christmas from a chap who had them sent over from the US. They were too small for him so sat unused in his wardrobe for about 5 years.
I have worn them a handful of times but sadly they are too narrow for me. I usually take a size 45 and the length is OK but I have feet like flippers and they only fit width wise with no inner sole and very thin socks, which defeats the whole point...
I've tried to convince myself I'm Cinderella but now realise I'm an ugly sister, an ugly sister with flippers for feet . (I can swim bleeding quickly though!)
These are made in beautifully soft Pittards WR100 (water resistant) leather with proper laces tieing the inner boot with chunky velcro straps holding your foot firmly in place. No flimsy BOAS with these!
They haven't been tested below 0 C where they were just warm enough over 2 hours with thin socks, but they are very waterproof! The neoprene cuff is snug enough around my skinny ankles to keep water out during a short unplanned knee high wade.
I'm after £65 ono +post for these, which is a bit of a bargain given that the modern equivalent is about £180. (Cleats NOT included)
Ta, Nick

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 249
Re: LAKE MXZ300 WINTER BOOTS sz 45

Would you be interested in a swap for some Specialized Defrosters in size 45?

We were going to build an extension but perhaps we can live in one of these.

konafan":2e5e46wq said:
Would you be interested in a swap for some Specialized Defrosters in size 45?
Thanks for the offer but I'm going to stick with Lakes, but in a wide fitting.

What? No-one getting wet feet at the moment?
As a sizing guide, I have VERY wide feet compounded by a bunion on the left. These are nearly wide enough.
NorthWave Celsius are often touted as being THE boot for wide feet but they are too narrow too.
Someone had better buy these or I'm going to post a pic of my feet...

Only worn half a dozen times, if that.

Back