Lacquer removal from Alu

If you just want to remove the laquer then the method I tried kinda worked. I soaked the frame in really hot water, then tried to scrape it off with a plastic scraper thing.

If you want to remove the whole lot then yes paint stripper will work best. Some of the paint strippers I’ve used are different so read the tin before you do anything

Well, using some paint stripper with a small brush in some spots only seems much easier to me to soak a whole frame in water :) Paint stripper can be partially applied as well :)

Joke right? .... Paint stripper. Best on Oxy basis. Let it soak in overnight and remove the old paint.

No seriously left ….. was double checking what people use as some thought some chemicals aren’t great on aluminium

always done by hand in the past to strip to raw aluminium but it’s an absolute ball ache

actually never done a painted aluminium before only steel so again double checking for aluminium any special techniques and brands of anything safe to use without having to buy winged flying machine stripper

Latest posts

Back