La Querée Brothers Restoration, step 1) So many Questions!

Re:

Cool penguin! Will ask my dad if he remembers them. Family from Birmingham. Wish my grandad was still alive he definitely would.

Simon

What a fantastic find mrpenguin! :D

I discovered the Querée brothers and their bicycles around two years ago, and as their School Road premises was close to where I live I would be delighted to find myself a La Querée. Seeing the size of some of the houses in the vicinity of School Road I sometime wonder whether there is a La Querée or two languishing in a shed/basement waiting to be rescued and brought back to the road.

Looking forward to following this mrpenguin. Good luck with your restoration.

thanks for all of the help and advice. I'm slowly coming along. VCC do want membership, which is probably a worth while step, but I sort of messed up my finances and will have to wait a bit before going that way. I manged to piece together some nice bits as well, albeit not exactly period consistent.
I'm looking at a Campagnolo drive train; because i have the front which i got with the frame, and probably Mafac 'racer' brakes (again, because i have the levers that came with).
And then there was the unfortunate crankset I won on fleabay, only for the seller to send it to my US address instead of my UK one (and before I had even paid, noless!). So, hopefully in the next quarter I will get something done.

If your on facebook join Steel is real classic and vintage. Some people selling on there. Amazing what turns up on there also. It's US based but global now. Fleabay still a good source for parts and bummer with bits at other address. Worth taking time over and when finances allow. I'm the same, I'm self employed and buy parts when I can.
Good luck Penguin.

Simon

If that really is an LQ you really should consider joining the V-CC when you can afford it.
I'm a member & it gives you access to such a huge amount of expertise/information on this type of bike. (And many others...)

The ME (Marque Enthusiast) will be able to advise you on yours I'm certain.
All sorts of other advantages in joining. A bi monthly Magazine with free ads for members, for example.
For me the main advantage is access to the online database & members with particular expertise/knowledge.
Just what you are looking for, seemingly: )

Good luck!

Back