LA-Brightogne-LA, The spring cake classic - 16th March 2014

Re: LA-Brightogne-LA, The spring cake classic - 16th March 2

Splatter Paint":1ilhnqge said:
Dunno whether I can make this at the moment but could you post up a street / postcode and suggest somewhere to park, please? I'm not familiar with the start point.

SP

BN3 2WW is the start point at the Brighton end. Its a road called Hove St, but the section you want is right on the seafront.

Parking around there is possibly best done near the seafront to the West of Hove St, on Kingsway or Wharf Road, which is not very far away. Most things around there are meter but are not too expensive compared to city centre. There is a car park at the King Alfred but I don't know what the costs are.

Splatter Paint":enmtqwq2 said:
Dunno whether I can make this at the moment but could you post up a street / postcode and suggest somewhere to park, please? I'm not familiar with the start point.

SP

Saxon Rd , Roman Rd , Brittany Rd and Derek Ave are all free all day . About 1/2 mile to the west of the start . Hope this helps , ;)

Mike

I think my ankle is now OK to ride ; and I reckon I'll join the first leg ; theory is then at least the ride takes me towards home rather than away .. there seems to be some issues with trains that day from Bognor but assuming I can get there ; then I will be there.

Splatter Paint":2zfecm6e said:

SP

Plus if it is likely that you are going to be available, please can we have Cake preference. :)

OK if ; and it is a huge meaty well-rounded IF ; British Snail are running on time then I'll be hitting Hove at 9.17 and will therefore make the RV point on time. Point being ; I don't have anyone's phone number who is riding tomorrow so I'd be very grateful if someone can PM me their number in case of any rail shenanigans ( have a vision of getting there late and spending the morning waiting...) Hopefully will also have some extra riders ; no idea on cake preferences I'm afraid! Cheers

Earlier today on teh social medias...

So it seems that Little'ampton is actually there, I checked. The Wind is set to be Westerly, so into the breeze outboound from Brighton, nice bit of wind assist on the way home.

See you tomorrow.

Kampos, I'll pm you a phone number in a bit.

Bring a helmet, plus a wallet for the cakes.

:cool:

Attachments

• blah.jpg
    blah.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 749

I'm in :cool:

Splatter Paint, 1990 Cinder Cone, Carrot Cake

I'll see you at Brighton, if you see someone ambling around on a massive white splatter paint (what else would I ride?) Kona, that'll be me.

Mike

How was it then, or are you still wayside with cake?!

BobCatMax":13k2d5fn said:
How was it then, or are you still wayside with cake?!
Alive-alive-O! Only just got in thanks to useless trains... Big Thanks to Da-Evo for organizing ; shouts to all the riders who made it. Lovely day for a ride ; shame you couldn't make it BCM. My vote for bike of the day goes to ... well almost everyone! Splatter Paint's Kona is lovely ; so was Anthony's KHS Ti but then the road bikes were also well turned out. All I'm sure of just now is that Mike may have won the trackstand competition. Need a shower pics might follow later. Good fun and once again Thanks to all concerned.

Back