Kona Titanium Serial Number List - update 16/04/24

Added:

B18054 - Verbal via farmer giles from e-Bay listing.
B19263 - Pre-Bullet, Canti Bridge, Long Seat Tube extension, Rear Brake Noodle complete. Decals missing. Note duplicate SN##263.

Last edited:
Hey guys! First post with my one-owner, ordered new, Ti King Kahuna KK19036.

Bought this bike new, prob have 10k+ miles on it and still going strong. Originally spec'd XTR all around and decal package exactly as you see them.

Posted on Reddit asking about disc brake upgrades and got a ton of love - so stated looking around the interwebs to see if I could find more Kona freaks and here I am in this rabbit hole. Looking at some upgrades but sticking with the XTR v-brakes and some new Kool Stops.

tfmbDRV.jpg

49IwUII.jpg

twvazIP.jpg

YH3DyxC.jpg

Added:

B191022 - Early Downtube Rear Mech Routing, Yellow Decals.

For sale right here in the for sale section.

Interestingly, it's the first documented SN with 4, not 3, ID digits for 1997. The previous high was #941.

This was on the list but unconfirmed. Now it's defo confirmed (1995 model):

B18340 - Short Seat Tube extension, partial 1994 replica Decals

sBOeq0.jpg

c6ZK4L.jpg

Hey guys, I have an oddball for folks to mull over. Backstory I was given was this bike was purchased from Dewey’s room-mate. It was said to be a sample provided to Kona, by Litespeed, when they were vying for the build contract BITD. Contract instead went to Sandvik and this was surplus but was pressed into service with a set of Hei Hei decals. Bike has Kona cable routing and seat cluster details, but has an aluminium seat tube insert, head-tube inserts and Litespeed style rear dropouts. Serial # as seen in photos is 8404. I’m curious if anyone can confirm, deny or posit an alternative storyline, I’d love to have the “truth” :)

T
IMG_2740.jpeg IMG_2738.jpeg IMG_2737.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have an oddball for folks to mull over. Backstory I was given was this bike was purchased from Dewey’s room-mate. It was said to be a sample provided to Kona, by Litespeed, when they were vying for the build contract BITD. Contract instead went to Sandvik and this was surplus. Bike has Kona cable routing and seat cluster details, but jas an aluminium seat tube insert and Litespeed style rear dropouts. Serial# as seen in photos is 8404. I’m curious if anyone can confirm, deny or posit an alternative storyline, I’d love to have the “truth” :)

T
View attachment 799042View attachment 799043View attachment 799044
View attachment 799042View attachment 799044
Woah. That's some story. Leave it with me and I'll come back to you.

Back