Kona project2 forks triple butted £60

Re:

I have, that's why I'm confused!

Your penultimate message - sent to me today, at 11.42:
"What's your surname Tom?"

To which I replied, with my surname as requested, at 14.29 today.

Your last and final message sent at 15.21 today, before subsequently listing the forks as being back for sale:

"Well, xxxx xxxxxxx,
In future, when someone does you a favour, pay when you say you're going to pay.
I've refunded your money.
Nick"

So I've read the PMs, and I'm still confused and can't work it out. Hence the assumption you just don't like my surname, as I can't think of any other reason why you'd ask for my surname and then simply decide you're not selling me the forks and instead are going to refund my money?

Re:

Well, since there's no footy on...

8th June: you asked for me to hold these for you as you had a couple of big bills. I agreed but on the Proviso you payed on 1st July. " Payment on 1st July or I send Don round" (ref : rather unsavioury chap in Sexy Beast)
You promise you won't be late paying.

1st July: I don't hear anything from you.

2nd July: I ask you to "cough up for these forks", tongue in cheek, in the same vein...
Your reply, " Blimey, that was subtle, the money will be with you in the morning"

3rd July; The morning comes and goes, the afternoon comes and goes. The wrapped forks remain unposted. You pay me in the evening.

4th July; I ask your surname as you haven't provided it. You reply *****.
I'm just about to walk down to the Post Office, 30 mins walk each way, when I decide not to. You broke two promises to pay and not a single word of thanks or apology.

Get it now Tom?

Re:

Nope, still don't get it I'm afraid Nick.

You're right though - it was indeed the 2nd that you messaged me, not the 1st as I said previously. Apologies for the error there.

I certainly didn't get the 'tongue in cheek' from the tone of your PM though.

And again, yes I did indeed pay you in the evening at 6 o'clock as soon as I got in from a nightmare day at work - not the morning as I'd said in my PM that I would. Nightmare day involved being called out at the crack of dawn, unexpectedly - so I paid you at the earliest possible opportunity. A few hours late. Shock horror.

But it was the same day wasn't it? And it was paid in full wasn't it? And you didn't express any concern or uptightness to me did you?

So, all seems a bit silly to me.

Out of interest, are you not the same chap who took nearly a week to pay me for some Ritchey pedals a few years ago? Without any explanation offered or any requested?

I hope your forks find a happy new home, and the new owner doesn't dare take a half day longer to pay you than they say they will!

What a bloody saga!

giphy.gif

Back