I'm waiting for someone to heckle me while out riding,
"Been shopping in halfords have you mate"
Not good :(

Here's a tip, peel off the Kona stickers and replace them with Sunn! :LOL:

Only us in the know, will know ;)

Mike

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2yf78bku said:
It's a good move for Konas sales which given I see few places selling them, the average public will not buy them, now they will.

Who owns Kona or are they still themselves?

According to el wikipedia

Founded in 1988 and still owned by Dan Gerhard and Jacob Heilbron in Vancouver

Mike Muz 67":1quzs5ck said:
BikerB":1quzs5ck said:

Mike

Dont you dare bring the sunn name into disrepute :LOL:

My LBS has just started doing Kona's after virtually being wall to wall Giants for ages. could be a good move to pick up a lot of servicing from disappointed Halfrauds customers :)

Do Kona have a UK operation or do they come through someone like Madison? Perhaps they are putting on a big sales push in the UK?

poweredbypies":mzsb4qi9 said:
Mike Muz 67":mzsb4qi9 said:
BikerB":mzsb4qi9 said:

Mike

Dont you dare bring the sunn name into disrepute :LOL:

:LOL: you're right of course ! :LOL:

Mike

Back in 2011 there was some fuss going on over the UK importers of Kona. Tonnes of frames, bikes etc were sold off at stupid cheap prices - if I'd had the money at the time I would have bought a few bits.

Kona in Halfords? Potentially huge sales coming up for Christmas but then possibly huge warranty issues afterwards - poor setup/ advice etc - which could ultimately damage the brand

i bought my Kona from Halfords in 2009 and had to return as the girl who PDI'd it missed the fact a bearing cover was missing from the BB and tried to just torque out the slop, I took it apart when I got home and went down the next day to point out their error, they promptly replaced the BB. It never went back for it's 6 week courtesy service.
This was only my local store as I found the two guys in Hereford Halfords to be very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

Carl.

I'm glad they are now selling Kona bikes, I'd buy from there if the price was right.

However I did buy a BMX last year from Halfords for my little lad which they had built up and rear brake was braking on the tyre on not the rim!
Bike never went back for it's 6 week courtesy service either!

Back