Kona news…..

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
apparently due out today. Most folk are speculating it isn’t good after reportedly pulling out of the Sea Otter show :confused:

Two of many articles doing the rounds:

Hopefully the doom sayers are wrong, we’ll find out soon.

apparently due out today. Most folk are speculating it isn’t good after reportedly pulling out of the Sea Otter show :confused:

Two of many articles doing the rounds:

Hopefully the doom sayers are wrong, we’ll find out soon.

Yep, just posted about it here as well. I'm afraid the news isn't good at all.

The comments below the STW article say it all really. Loads of nostalgia and affection for the brand from the 80s/90s - but no-one's buying new ones as the spec is middling for the money Kona are wanting (cf Orange). I suspect brands like Whyte will follow. I love my Whyte, but the original RRP was absolutely insane.

I can't help wondering if some of these brands should downsize a lot, and perhaps focus on playing to their heritage ala Brooks. There might be a few who would buy a 80s/90s paint job steel Cindercone frame but with tweaked geometry to make it more modern to ride and accommodate some of the latest standards.

yep, completely agree - hasn’t been anything remotely special about a Kona bicycle in a very long time. that being said, it’s gonna be sad to see them gone. but from what I’ve heard, they aren’t completely dead just yet. time will tell.

Ive said in another post on this, and theres a wealth of forum sites eager to be first on this,
no love lost in fact I dont care theres plenty of great bike frames out there, we are spoilt
for choice, move on.

Latest posts

Back