Kona Lava Dome bike 18" '95 Midnight Blue £170

urbanfireblade

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi, i've realised i have too many bikes :cry: so the time has come to sell my '95 Lava Dome.

I'm looking for £170 posted, UK only.

302.jpg

301.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

309.jpg

308.jpg

305.jpg

307.jpg

306.jpg

Its a '95 model so has the corrected geometry to run suspension if you wish.

Here's some of the components, its mostly original spec, tho i have changed the front chainrings, a new shimano rear cassette and a new chain too. Chain and rear cassette have less than 10miles use, Lol :roll:

STX canti brakes front and rear with Koolstop Eagle 2 pads and kona levers.

STX chainset

STX parallex hubs and mavic rims, think all this is original spec.

STX RC rear derailleur

STX front mech

7-speed Gripshift

Kona seat, race-light seatpost, race-light handlebars, velocity stem, u.s.e. bar ends.

It rides beautifully, the front tyre is the original Mr. Dirt showing its age a bit, and the rear has been changed sometime over the years and is a vapor.
All the gears select nicely(going up and down the cassette) and the front mech shifts onto all chainrings fine. The headset is smooth and has no play.
All the cables are good, and outers are very good too, the rims show no signs of wear and it brakes smoothly.
The only bad point is that it has its fair share of stone chips under the downtube and chainstay, i'd guess it was ridden along canal paths sometime in its life :cry:

Here's a link to Flickr, i've posted some 48 pictures of it so you can see it from every angle! Some close ups too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39358534@N ... 975074802/

Collection is fine, i'm in Bognor on the south coast, its about 25mins from Portsmouth, and i'll accept £160. Or i'm happy to post it for the £170 using send-it-now.

Whoever buys it will be very happy i'm sure!

Payment as paypal gift please, unless collecting where i'll accept cash too.

Bike will be sold to whoever sends the payment or collects it first, no first dibs etc, so that way everyone has a chance and not just the first person to write 'first dibs'.

Feel free to reply here or send me a pm, i'll log on often to check any messages.

Oh you bugger..... I sold my one as at 20" it was a bit too big.... Why do I look here when I'm trying to raise funds, not spend them!!

its_kirby":1pkc7m27 said:
Its too small for me but I must say wicked pictures, they do your bike proud.

Ahh don't :cry: , Lol i've already text scarface saying much the same thing, that if i saw it for sale i'd 'snap it up', yet its already mine!
Maybe selling it is the wrong thing to do.......

Latest posts

Back