Kona Kilauea 1994 F&F

Re:

...and the other one is a retrobike (Grafton Crank) decal! So the seller or previous owner could be on here.

Attachments

• 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 339
Re:

Well well well thanks for clarifying my suspicions. Too good to be true indeed. I would never buy a repainted second hand frame simply because one can never know what's lurking beneath. Dented and filled? Cracked and welded? Why bother taking the risk as there are countless originals out there and the search for a good original one is all part of the fun. Unfortunately the buyer got ripped off and i suspect the seller knew full well what he was selling.

The Retrobike advert shows "Gothrick" (who openly describes the respray) to be in Yorkshire so he/she is almost certainly not the ebay seller. The ebay seller "Robmor1978" (who describes "almost NOS") shows dispatch of goods from Cork, Ireland. Curiously his/her ebay user location shows United States.

Whereas my Kilauea is 100% legit and original. Winning all the time.

;-)

I do feel sorry for the poor chap who bought the frame, it's clearly a re spray.

Ha I love the forensic analysis on this forum, helped me buy my mint green sprayed 95 Kilauea (now back to pearl white at such expense that I can't consider selling it on).
I did notice the mudguards in the first picture and that made me sigh/think, are there any out there that would look acceptable on these frames? Is there another thread about that?

Re: Re:

tiboltrider":1by6kbq5 said:
Found it :!: :!: :!: You're right about the respray.

>>> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=322785&p=2415601&hilit=kilauea+1994#p2415601

What do I win :?:

ps - has anyone noticed the sellers Ebay username? :LOL:

Sherlock :D
:LOL: Waaaaaaayyy to much time
And i think a bike is worth however much you want to pay to own it. Obviously to buy something that isnt what it claims to be is unfair but thats the state of the world these days.
Anyway, try not to give the guy a hard time when he starts a build thread on here :D and no, i didnt buy it, but i am still after a 93 explosif :D ;)

Back