kona impact headset

mr old skool

Retro Newbie
Can anyone help with my 95 kona cindercone restoration. unfortunately when removing my impact headset, i damaged the bottom cup shell slightly and the alloy crown race on the fork. They were a supertight fit - (I have fitted and removed many headsets successfully over the years)- anyhow I now have a need for a 1 1/8 kona impact headset, either complete or just the lower bits but they must be undamaged and without bearing race pitting. I know this is probably an impossible request but maybe someone has removed a Kona impact headset and rigid fork to fit a suspension fork and maybe have one lying around the shed/garage somewhere. can anyone help :?:
cheers, mr old skool.

Headset

I might have one of these! Let me have a look this evening, and I will report back in the morning...........

hi - dont mean to be pushy but might you get chance to have a look for the headset over the weekend. I know it might be just a feint glimmer of hope but i'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. cheers.

You can fit any lower part of the headset and get it working. Or try a weight saving on go for the Control Centre, that was the higher spec option in 1995 on Kona's

unfortunately the control center headset only came in a goldish colour and my resto has to be done right so i'd like the grey impact one even if it is marginally heavier. I know I could use any headsets bottom race but i'm really hoping someone has the proper kona impact one. cheers anyway fluffy chicken.

Back