Kona Hei Hei King Kahuna 96 Finished

Looks very nice and good polishing on crank/levers :)

The fork does look bit out of place and looks likes it's bit too long axle to crown ?
Kona's in my opinion work best with 410mm-440mm rigid or 80mm marzocchi's from same period..

Excellent work though :cool:

Hi Plus One, the fork is reduced to 90mm, this is a King Kahuna and was designed for a suspension fork 440 axel to crown.

Also many thanks for your comments. :D

Re: Kona Hei Hei King Kahuna 96 building

Dr_Rip":2p5tkqu7 said:
al-onestare":2p5tkqu7 said:
Great bike and some top components. Defo agree Pace RC35/36's would look neat. For me the decals don't work; wrong colour matching and style but it's your bike so as long as you like it thats all that matters!
Originally the main decals has clear blue (Hei hei and Kona Logo) and main Kona logo "tribu" design. The rest are identical. I have a "tribu" main kona logo in orange. But don't dislike de actual design and colour.
It's actually a 1997 frame, so the colour of the Kona decal is correct - more than half of 97 KKs had yellow decals, though some had blue.

Dr_Rip":230nakfa said:
the fork is reduced to 90mm, this is a King Kahuna and was designed for a suspension fork 440 axel to crown.
The frame was designed for an a-c 430mm fork, sagged to 410. The 90mm Fox is presumably c465, sagged to c435. I would therefore suggest a stem length of c90mm, no more than that.

Back