Kona Hei Hei 1997 19”

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for the info Pip I had no idea. That's my listing, it's a wonderful bike and I'll definitely work with any overseas buyer here to reduce the shipping cost. Cheers!!

Re: Re:

Rally_cat":1gz1vcey said:
........ and I'll definitely work with any overseas buyer here to reduce the shipping cost. Cheers!!
For some reason, shipping from Canada to the U.K seems to be expensive, compared to shipping from the U.S.

My experience with shipping a whole bike from Canada was when I bought my 1998 Kona Ku from a guy in Toronto. This was in Feb 2016 and UPS wanted 1,100 CAD (550 GBP) to ship a box 54" x 31" x 9". Upon my request, the seller had taken the bike to his LBS, who had packed the bike really well, although they had left the rear wheel in place. This made the package safer for the bike, but put the dimensions up to a size that UPS called 'freight'.

Anyway, Alasdair (above) stepped in to help and suggest that I opened a Fed-Ex account as they had been reliable for him in the past. Fed-Ex gave me an 'Introductory Offer' of 567 CAD (283 GBP) to ship the bike. I jumped at the offer as by this point I was even thinking of flying to Toronto to collect the bike!

Apart from my little story here, my understanding is that it can work out cheaper if a seller in Canada ships to someone willing to help in the U.S., who then ships onto the U.K. - I'm sure someone on here will vouch for that as being a viable option.

Pip

<cough>

If anyone has this or a KK, 97, 19", with the yellow decals, in as good as condition as this - hit me up

<cough>

Latest posts

Back