Kona Cinder Cone - 1990 £90

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Here's an old Cinder Cone looking for a new home. It is pretty scruffy hence the low price. I can't post it so collection from Woking - however I do travel about a bit in the south east so PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Pics in daylight at the weekend.

Points of note:
19.5" centre to top of the seat tube. Probably suitable for 5'10" - 6'2" (ish) rider.
XT seat post - not stuck either!
XT rear mech
LX cantis
thumbshifters
Chainset has TA outer and middle ring - middle is barely used. Inner is Middleburn I think.
BB was new last year, probably done 30 hours tops
Cassette was new quite recently apart from the smallest cog but that is hardly worn probably done 30 hours tops
Headset was new two years ago and is still nice and smooth
Exage hubs on Araya rims - good, low wear braking surface
Stem says Velocity, but that is a big fib, it is actually a Kona ICR from 1990.
Included is a set of decals (missing head badge and P2 decals) from Gil, should you wish to go mad and paint it.

**Brakes need attention** - new pads and straddle wires as a minimum + setting up correcly.

This old steed has served me well, I rode it for about 14 hours at Mountain Mayhem one year!

SP

Attachments

• IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,857
£90!? Bargain. The parts are worth that. Pity its not my size, and I live, well, nowhere near.

Re: Re:

thosewerethedays":22vfu3lu said:
Hi,

Please can I join the q and if still available I will take it up and can.pick up
Regards

Yes it is. I'll get some better pics up on Saturday. After you've seen them please can you confirm whether you definitely still want it and come and get it? :D

SP

Re:

Looks like a heap of fun to ride! Might join the queue though far from decided. Have pm'd you.

Re:

Great

I will look forward to the photos and check my diary to see when I can pick up. Probably be monday, tuesday or wednesday

regards

Back