koga fullpro - Dura Ace headset dont fit?

The Koga came standard with this headset, so the steerer must be cut or it is the fork from another size frame. Personally, if you start filing, I would do that with a nearly (from a distance) identical looking 600EX. Pity to treat a DA this way.

Very nice frame btw!

I have a FullPro (prototype) with Super Record headset. I always wondered why that was, till I realized it is substantially lower than the steel DA. Maybe try a Super Record headset? Maybe lower. Of course it set you back some money, but the frame is worth it. Moreover selling the DA EX does generate some.

Ha!, i've seen you got a few of these fullpro's lying about...ive been reading your posts, thanks for the tip on the modelpaint..i ordered those too..

Yeah the sawing is maybe not such a good idea : ) I keep having to open ebay to remind me of the crazy prices these things get.

Ill try a few things, parts of different bikes etc.., see what i can come up with.

Thanks!

Heres the 2 frames i was talking about..you can see the shorter fork of the fullpro.
photo.jpeg

Okay, according to VeloBase the Super Record builds higher than the aluminum 600/DA EX, but lower than the earlier steel DA headsets.

I acctually got a Tange headset here, on another bike. Im going to try that one...it seems only a tiny bit smaller..i'll give it a go..

twofakie":1jridi3f said:

The GentsRacer-S is a nice frame as well. Same Tange #2 tubing in front triangle, but Miyata Hi-Manga for blades and tail, where the FullPro has #2 too. Beautifull pearl orange colour. It doesn't have detailing like enamelled lug cut outs, engravings on top crown and stays - features that are a nice touch with the FullPro.

The 1979 ProRacer combines much what is good about the FullPro (the full #2, enamelled cut outs) with the pearl orange of the GentsRacer-S.

As mentioned Tange Levin headsets are low stack heights, also a 105 headset was pretty low as well, but not as low as the tange I don't think

I tried the Tange set i have here which is a levin, it didnt make much difference. So, i just bought another one from ebay, which is a Tange passage, that seems to be the shortest around (30mm) (see velobase). A bit annoyed cause i liked the look of that DA set : (

Just found out that the stem of the handlebar is too long too..haha, sawing after all.. it never ends...

Back