Wanted Knackered but cosmetically nice cantis (for lamp).

dinozoiks

GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’m looking to turn a set of ropey (but visually good) Manitou 1s into a lamp. As you do.

Saw the photo below online and thought the brakes are a nice touch, but I don’t have any spare cantis that have the gravitas to match the mighty Manni.

Long shot, but does anyone have a set of front cantis that would go on this? Probably early-mid 90’s. I’ll probably chuck max £25 at them.

Something “conversation worthy” would be ace. Paul’s, Control Tech, Avid Tri Align, Graftons, that’s sort of vibe. Ideally with outrageous colour anodising.

I realise those are all a bit spendy theses days, but hopefully there’s a holy trinity of cool / broken / cheap that will pop up.

Mucho thanks in advance.

CED78E6B-ABD5-40D5-B838-E2DF82D5B99B.jpeg

Actually, silver may be the more stylish way to go. Always liked the look of the Ho’s. Somehow simple yet over complicated at the same time. 😂 Mate had some but I seem to remember they snapped half way down some stairs. Landed it though.
If it’s not too much faff, would be ace if you could have a rummage and see if they look broadly presentable (I have a tub of metal polish).✊

Sorry for belated reply. My parts collection was not as complete as I thought. I have all the fixing parts I think, but all the love bits are opposites so won't make a set of brakes I'm afraid.

Back