Klein Quantum Pro 1995 Burgundy Blue

Lewadaada

Retro Newbie
Here is my Klein Quantum Pro 1995 Burgundy Blue with new bits.
Klein frame, fork, stem, BB (from Jonrock, thank you)
Rims: Tune Schwarzbrenner 2.0 45C Tubeless 20/24 spoke
Hubs/QR/valves: Tune Mig 70 / Mag 170
Tyres: Continental 5000 SL
Bars: ITM Pro 260
Tape: San Marco Presa Corsa
Bar end plugs, bottle cages: Tune
Seatpost: Tune Starkes Stück
Saddle: San Marco Shortfit
Crank, crank bolts, chainring bolts: Tune Big Foot 110
Chainrings: PraxisWorks Compact 110 BCD 50/34
Cassette and chain: m-bikeparts 11-34 11 speed
Chain: 11-34 m-bikeparts
Front and rear derailleur, shifters, cables: Dura Ace 9100
Jockey Wheels: Ceramicspeed
Brakes: Dura Ace 9100
IMG_7357.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7353.JPG
    IMG_7353.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7354.JPG
    IMG_7354.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7340.JPG
    IMG_7340.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7333.JPG
    IMG_7333.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7334.JPG
    IMG_7334.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 32
All Jonrock. Thanks. It rides great and the ratios are very forgiving on the hills. But much as I love the chain and cassette, they shift discernibly slow, so I am thinking about reverting to Shimano. Could be my inexpert rear derailleur adjustment though.

Lewadaada—follow up on your build (did you get the gearing sorted?): its a ‘95 so assume its a press fit Klein bb set up or did you swap that out? I have a ‘95 (same color!) and am debating swapping the Klein out for an bearing insert I can run octalink, etc with.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 7
It still has the original press fit Klein bb, working fine. Luckily the spindle length was perfect for the tune crank giving the right chain line. I have heard that you can get phil wood bbs that will go in (but doubt that includes octalink), otherwise I think you have to rethread to Italian, but I have never tried either route. I think later, post trek but still chehalis, maybe 1997, the shells were threaded English but once they have been pressfit I think it's already too big to rethread english. If the octalink route is to get a compact on, though, there are other options though perhaps not as shiny silver. Good luck - particularly the seatpost clamp. I think you can cut it off and put a 97 style separate one on top (36.4 I think). Others on here will know much more than me. Gearing is working fine on mine now, thanks. It was indeed my poor adjustment.

Thanks! I’ll sand off the old binder bolt eyelets and run a standard Klein seat clamp on it—won’t lose any significant length on the seat tube. (I think you are right—‘97 was first year for the new seat clamp…Trek did bring at least some good edits to Klein.) I’ll check out Tune cranks but they are pretty pricey—I’ve had luck before with Campy cranks (although not built for JIS spindle.) I’d like to try a re-thread but on a cheaper frame…would hate to screw up this one.

Back