Klein Pinnacles, are they any good?

You lucky one, I wanted to bid on it too but missed it by a few minutes. Well wouldnt bid that much I suppose....:D Was at least a proper sized frame for me....

Not trying to be an ass, but wasn't there a big 'please donate parts' drive for you just a bit ago? If so, why are you looking at buying anything on ebay, much less a Klein?

It is a great frame, although that one has been repainted (may have said as much in the acution, I didn't follow it. :D

That looks like a very nice project Mazdaman. You truely have been bitten like so many of us with the retrobike bug.

Reference the 'retrobike credit-cruncher', if you can update us all little further as to its progress and what you still require that would be fantastic. All who gave for this project have done so with the best intentions in order to provide you with a first retro build and i'm sure would be delighted to help further if necessary, but we need to be kept in the loop and start to see some results from our donations to the project.

I wish you all the luck in the Klein it looks great and will make a wonderful project, but please could you give the retrobike project your full attentions so to satisfy those who gave unconditionally to it.

All the best with both the Klein and the 'Credit-Cruncher'

utahdog2003, i appreciate what you are saying and its fine but if you really want to know i was missing parts to the build that i had been promised but never got so i sold the alloy wheels for my RX7 to fund this Proflex and i bought some Maguras, a BB and a couple of other bits. I then paid my phone bill and my council tax and took a punt on the Klein as i could not believe that it was so cheap and its my chance for a project alongside the Proflex. Also if you did read properly which i am not sure you did otherwise you would have not said what you did that i am building a bike for my charity, The Childrens Trust in Tadworth with spare parts and will auction it off and donate the money as i am running the marathon next year.

I am awaiting a set of Girvins, once i have them i can officially start the project. Defiant has been very kind in donating these but he is so busy that he is yet to have a chance to get the forks over to me and also bear in mind he is in Holland, its neither cheap or quick to get them to the UK.

Please bare with me, its not long now!
:cry:

As for being bitten by the bug, thats an understatement. i really feel like i have joined an exclusive club and every spare bit of money i am getting is going on parts etc and i just cant stop. The thing that has made this most worthwhile though is not really the bike but the great people i have met. Never have i ever spoken to so many genuine people that are so willing to help. I have even started helping people in return which feels great!!

Back