Klein paint codes/rebuild – help please

RichardSI

Retro Newbie
Hello brains trust. I have two 91 / 92 Klein pinnacles in bright green. The paint on one bike is very poor and needs redoing. As I however already have one bright green pinnacle in good condition I wish to re-paint the second in another period (Klein 1992) paint finish. According to the 1992 catalogue you could order a pinnacle in any of the Klein colours excluding the Gator. I’m specifically interested in the paint codes for the Team colours, Moonrise, sunburst and Horizon linear fades. I’m currently looking to paint the bike with a friends help using aerosols.
If there is anyone out there with this knowledge/links/advice your help would be appreciated.
I’m also looking to buy new decals from Jon at http://www.kleinspainted.com/ Are these the best Pinnacle decals – sorry Jon, just asking?
I have considered asking Jon for the paint codes but as this is his business I thought to ask here first.
I expect I swap out the pace forks for something more accurate that can be painted. Any recommendations on a fixed 1 inch fork?
PS I live in New Zealand, thus I won’t be shipping the frame to Germany or Jon etc for a re-paint. Nor am I planning to start a Klein paint shop in New Zealand :D
PM me if you wish to discuss the codes in private
Thanks you for your comments/help
Regards Richard

Attachments

• 2014-04-14 16.13.26a.jpg
    2014-04-14 16.13.26a.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 159
RichardSI":2dl8j1km said:
I have considered asking Jon for the paint codes but as this is his business I thought to ask here first.

For what it's worth, some people who made no money on this assisted him in getting the colors correct, so why not ask?

Back