Klein mantra for sale!

Nik2123

Retro Newbie
A chance to own a retro classic, lovingly rebuilt and restored! I bought this frame afew years back as a project, its been professionally primed,sprayed & lacquered, it also has new vehicle quality decals, frame protectors are presant so there isnt even any cable rub! the parts I've built it with are top notch from the same era (where possible) as the frame, i sourced a lot of new nos parts ie cassette,crank,jockey wheels,bars & seatpost, so gearing Works perfect,
I believe it's a 1998 mantra race probley size small or medium?! Measurements are approx 55cm from centre of headtube to centre of seat tube, 48cm from centre of bb to seat clamp, Although I'm not positive on model or size as it had no stickers when I bought the frame??!
Pace rc35 mono box forks just serviced with new elastomers (£39.99)
Fox alps 5r rear shock (tiny mark at bottom of stanchion)
Magura hs33 race lines working perfect.
Rolf dolomite wheels running true and smooth with minior cosmetic marks, new panaracer fire tyres,
Xtr rear mech, xt front mech, lx shifters & cassette, fsa bottom bracket, kmc x9 chain, Shimano dx pedals,
Bontrager bars, crank and seatpost with wtb saddle,
Kore stem, yeti grips!
Bad bits!!
The rear mech threads were'nt too clever so I've thread locked the mech on! It's rock solid & working perfect! But if u remove the mech be prepared to either helicoil or get a drop out saver to fit a new mech, magura paint/colour is slightly faded altho they still look sweet!! pedals paint is scuffed as you'd expect, there are minor/tiny chips on afew of the pivots which were impossible to avoid when I was rebuilding the frame! The fox shock has a deep scrach over the top pivot eye (see pic) I've inspected the shock and its mechanically sound as although the scratch appears like a crack there is no movement at all!! There's a soild tube through the inside of the shock eye then the two bushings sandwich either side of that, the scratch has been present since I've had the frame and never been an issue!
The bike is sold as seen with no returns or warranty, although the bikes in perfect working order, please be aware your buyin a classic/retro bike, I regularly use the bike but only in dry conditions, and I treat it as a 15-20 year old bike should be, hence its immaculate condition! To ride i can only decribe it as 'different!' To a modern full Suss bike, its geometry is old school and suspension Harsh compared to my mondern all mountain bike!! just be warned if you regulary thrash it goin down your local trails I'm not sure how it will fair up & your probley gona end up wrecking this work of art, cash on collection only & any questions please ask!!
£500 collected York area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg